We are offering four $350 grants to Sherman Oaks Artists to paint LADOT Utility Boxes in Sherman Oaks. Grant includes cost of all materials. Chamber will paint all utility boxes with graffiti proof coat once art is completed.
Requirements to Receive Grant:
- All art must include either the Valley Oak Leaf or the Valley Oak Tree (image may be your artistic impression of these)
- Paint must be low volatile and organic with no reflective materials
- The base of the utility box has four sides and must be painted with:
- A 30" by 12" space needs to be reserved on the bottom of ONE of the sides for the sponsor's logo
- A 30" by 5" space needs to be reserved on all sides at the top
- Art must be neighborhood appropriate
- All Art will need to be approved by LA City and LADOT
- Art Template downloadable here
- Email art work to Art@ShermanOaksChamber.org
- All submissions must be received by August 15th
- Include your name, your email and your phone number
- Grant Recipients will be notified by September 1st
- Painting will begin as close to September 15th as possible
For examples of other community utility box artwork, click here.